CAJ is seeking a volunteer to assist us with various tasks related to communications, administration, and event coordination. This is an ideal opportunity for someone newly beginning their career or for a student wishing to gain part-time experience while they complete their studies. Training will be provided on an ongoing basis by CAJ team members. Travel and lunch expenses will be reimbursed (we will provide £5 per day for lunch expenses, plus cover reasonable travel costs).
Due to the pandemic, remote working will be the norm initially, but there may be opportunities for more office-based and events-based work in future. Ideally, we would like someone who can commit to working the equivalent of one half day (3.5 hours) or one full-day (7 hours) each week.
Key duties of this voluntary role will include:
- Copy writing for our website, social media, and human rights newsletter, Just News.
- Proofreading reports, submissions, and other publications / articles.
- Assistance with (online and in-person) events organisation, to include events promotion, managing registrations, gathering feedback, and on the day support.
- Media, political, and international treaty monitoring.
- Database management and other administrative tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. We need someone who is a confident and adaptable communicator.
- Ability to work as part of a dynamic team.
- Previous experience in a similar role and/or a relevant degree (or equivalent) in communications, human rights, or a related field.
To apply, please email your CV and a short cover letter (one A4 page maximum) specifying your relevant knowledge and experience to Robyn Scott, Communications and Equality Coalition Coordinator, on firstname.lastname@example.org by 5pm on Friday 1 April 2022.
Feel free to get in touch if you have any questions about the role – email email@example.com or call 028 9031 6000.
We plan to hold (informal) interviews over Zoom in early to mid April.